All humans love consistency and routine in everything they do. Its no different for your blog readers. They love it when you stick to a definite number of posts a week, even better; if you ave fixed days on which you post. They can be very strict if you break this, and might leave you forever. I learned this the hard way a little time ago. Here are a few ways to do that:
- Fix number of posts: Don't write posts whenever you like; atleast don't publish them. If you are in a mood to write you can save your posts for publishing them on the fixed day. Restrict yourself to a fixed number of posts a week or month or a day, whichever you like, just fix the number.
- Fix days you post on: If you cant write daily, fix the week days you publish posts on. Try to space it evenly in the week, and not just the weekends.
- Assign days to topics: If you write on various topics, make it a point to assign one or two topics to days of the week.
- Fix a time of the day: This might be pushing it a bit too far for some; but, it really pays off if you have done your analysis (what time do maximum readers come, which time zone do they belong to etc.). Preferably, you should post a couple of hours before the readers rush in. Again, save the posts, and publish them at the right time.
- Whatever you decide, stick to it. Never mind, if the results don't show up, eventually they will. Just keep blogging at a definite pace and time.