Being humans(and bloggers), we always relish anything that is original and has a new scent to it. Seeing the vast size of blogsosphere, it is very easy to believe that no original data can be created . Strictly speaking, that is not always true. I have ways to create original content and I believe, you have many ways too.
With that in mind, I have decided to start a project that will benefit all of the bloggers who participate, as well all of the readers of those blogs.
I am calling it "Be Original" and here is how it works:
- In a new blog post, list and write about 5 to 10 methods you use to create original posts. It has to be a method you use regularly. These should be the best, quickest and easiest to apply methods.
- At the start of your post, tell your audience (briefly or at length) what you are doing with the "Be Original" Project and put a link and/or a trackback to this post, for the purpose of giving them the full rules and for me to compile the master list of all participants that I’ll link to in a future post.
- Be sure to also put a link/trackback to the blogger who tagged you for "Be Original" in order to let your readers follow the conversation around and to spread the link love.
- Sharing your "Be Original" methods with your own audience, will also share them with the blogger who tagged you and the bloggers you tagged, as well as their whole audience!
- Pick as many bloggers as you want and “tag” them to take part in the fun. You will be helping their exposure by linking to their site from your blog, and they will return the favor by having a link to your site in their initial post. After all, that is how a meme works (a unit of cultural information transferable from one mind to another.)
- As Aaron says "Sit back and watch the[Be Original] and the crossover audiences start rolling it!"
Here is a note to the "A list bloggers":
Please play along if you get tagged. It is quite possible that you have the best ideas in the business (making you the A-List). So, why not help all bloggers and readers by creating the original content which we all relish.
My "Be Original" methods:
- Build up and improvise on existing posts: I try to add value to what people have discovered. Example: Suppose , today somebody discovers magnets (assuming it hasn't been discovered before). The point is you have to use that magnet and improvise. So, one can help blind people find there keys with this magnet.Sounds better than a stray magnet . Just attach the magnet at the end of the cane for blind people (ignore practical constraints for now).
- Use Your Experience/ Life Stories: This is something which each and everybody of us is capable of. We have lived lives in different ways and have had strange and rare and unique experiences. Use Them, all the time. Whenever you read a piece of news, blog post or anything, try to think if you have experienced something related or analogous to it.
- What makes you think?: We think all the time, even about the simplest and most mundane things. Sometimes, I get a great idea by thinking over things which we easily ignore, like; Why did blogging start?; Why is Apple(the company) called Apple?
- I am a News Junkie:I read a lot of news. It is a great way to create original content. I am amongst the first few to discover it, so I can get the scoop. Also, it gives me a chance to demonstrate my potential , if I am able to build upon it.Such post has a huge potential to be linked and commented on.
- Use the product: This works well for me when I am reviewing a product. It gives me a thorough knowledge of the product. Also, almost all the time you find something that others haven't found. Then, I compare or merge it with similar products I have used.
- Participate in forums, blogs: I am a part of many forums and try to participate in discussions which interest me. Almost always, a new idea pops up whenever you are discussing something. Keep note, and you get new posts :).
- Use comments on your blog:Another place where you can find great ideas to find a new posts, is in comments of your own blog. Your readers are your best friends, and you get ideas from them. Participate in the comments and use the discussion as a building stone.
- Untouchable Content : Tackling all of the content that many other publishers find difficult or uncomfortable. A controversial or difficult to write content is overlooked, that is a challenge and a great opportunity to create a new post and possibly a scoop.
- Start Campaigns:Just like I started this one. It keeps everybody on there toes. It is a little difficult to start a campaign because often they end up being overlooked. So, start a campaign for something you are passionate about, and which interests your readers.
- Lists: I write lists all the time (__ Ways to __). They work. Easy to skim through in a glance and easier to digest. Don't copy the points from others, try to come up with an original list and it might do wonders.
You can join in on the fun too. If you don't have a blog, you are welcome to leave your methods in the comments section.
- Steli Efti: The Supercool Blog
- Liz Strauss - Successful and Outstanding Bloggers
- Alex Shalman: Practical Personal Devlopment
- Aaron Potts - Today is That Day
- Gleb Reys - Personal Development Ideas
- Divya Uttam - Blogging to Fame
- Lyman Reed - Creating a Better Life
- Shauna & Ophelia - Breathing Prosperity
- Patsi Krakoff & Denise Wakeman - Build a Better Blog
- Travis Wright - Cultivate Greatness
- Chris Garrett - Chris Garrett on New Media
- Leo - Zen Habits
- Brian Clark - CopyBlogger
- Priya Shah - Marketing Slave
- Darren Rowse - ProBlogger
- Drew McLellan - Drew’s Marketing Minute
- Patricia - A Better You Blog
- Ben Casnocha - Ben Casnocha: The Blog
- Joe Vitale - Beyond Marketing
- Brian Kim - Invest in Yourself and Make it Happen
- Steven Aitchison - Change Your Thoughts
- Kathy Sierra - Creating Passionate Users
- Scott Lee - Dirty Mechanism
- Edward Mills - Evolving Times
- Scott Ginsberg - Hello My Name is Blog
- Guy Kawasaki - How to Change the World
- Henrik Edberg - The Positivity Blog
- Sania Wyatt - Inspiring and Helping Others Achieve Happiness…
- Steve Pavlina - Personal Development for Smart People
- Tony D. Clark - Success from the Nest
- Ilker Yoldas - The Thinking Blog
- Steve - The Fast Lane
- Gretchen Rubin - The Happiness Project
- Raymond Salas - Zenchill Power Tools Blog
- Murtaza Baloch -
- Hummie - Hummie's World
- Ashish Mohta - Technospot Blogs
- Maki - Make Money With Dosh Dosh
- Merlin - 43 Folders
- Essential Keystrokes
- Nipul Pravin - Googlr
- Daniel- Daily Blogging Tips
- Broc- Existential Ventures
- Tegas.i.Prasojo - My Daily Thoughts