Its time for a blogging contest @ B-B-B (Best-Blog-Basket). It is pretty similar to other contests. You have to blog about a blogging tool. The prizes will help you increase traffic for your blog and your technorati rank; best of all your relations in the blogging community. Please read all of the instructions before submitting your entries. Only new posts will be accepted. Posts written before today's date will not be eligible for this contest. Thanks for your understanding.
The full list of submissions are posted here.
The contest is pretty simple. All you have to do is: Write about one tool, which you think has made your blogging life a heaven. It might be any tool: online or offline, hardware or software; it might even be a book. All that is required is, it should have helped you and it should be helpful to the readers.
Possible examples of tools: Newsgator, any cool widget, a new plugin (like stumble), a book, a forum,a template, a site, a software, a new mouse etc. You might add anything you think is appropriate(above mentioned criteria) and blog about it.
- The Prizes:
- All participants get 2 linkbacks from my blog.
- 10 top entries get a chance to write guest blog entries on my blog. (They should obviously be sensible and not full of meaningless links, but they can contain links back to your blog when relevant.)
- Two entries get the ad space on my blog header for 15 full days.
- Two other entries will receive:
- A review from my blog along with the backlink.
- An honest and thorough feedback about their blog from me ( I assure you I will prepare my feedback after many visits). I will explain its relevance: I will tell you the viewpoint of a new reader be it on your graphics, content, site layout. I will be a part of the experimentation you do on your blog for 10 days, if you want.
- How to participate?
- You must state your tool clearly and its use(s). You can add anything else you want.
- If you don't have a blog where you can write a post you can mail me your entries at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you don't want too much hustle, you can add your post in the comments, but you will lose the two backlinks you could have got. I assure you, it wont affect my decision.
- You can write it in your first language. I encourage that.
- Please consider putting a link back to this post on your post so that your readers know you’re participating. You don’t have to do this - but it’d be appreciated to help grow the discussion/contest.
- Drop in a mail .
- Make sure to include your name, title of the post, URL of the post you have written.
- Deadline: 3 Weeks from today, 15 Th April 2007
Step 3: The links you get:
- One in the total list of submissions for viewing all the entries.
- In a daily post on the entries received on a daily basis.
- Selected entries get more links.
- You can post your own winners list by surfing through the contest entries. This will help you get to know new blogs and establish new connections in the blogging community.
- The amount of interlinking potential amongst the contestants is huge and its upto you to make the best out of it.